- Download ZTIMailSend from the Deployment Research Blog and extract to a local Drive for example D:\ZTISendMail.
- On the Specops Deploy / OS Image Server open the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Deployment Workbench.
- Open a Deployment Share and navigate to the SpecopsDeploymentRespository which resides in DriveLetter:\Specops\Deploy\DeploymentRespository.
- Right click on the Applications Section of the Deployment Share and Select New Application and enter the following information.
- Working directory: .\Applications\ZTISendmail
- Application with source files
- Application name: ZTISendmail
- Source Directory: D:\ZTISendMail
- Specify the name of the directory that ZTISendmailshould be created:
- Command Line: cscript.exe ZTISendmail.wsf
- Right click on the new created Application and Select properties. On the general tab ensure "Hide this application in the Deployment Wizard" and "Enable this Application" are checked.
- Select the Task Sequences Folder and select the task sequence you wish to modify. When you import an Operating System into Specops Deploy / OS there are two task sequences created by default "Install" and "Capture" only modify the "Install" task sequence.
- Add ZTISendMail as the last step to the Task Sequence.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to DriveLetter:\Specops\Deploy\DeploymentRespository\Control and Edit CustomSettings.ini
- Paste and append the following information into the relevant sections of the CustomSettings.ini file changing the settings to match your environment. Do not replace existing Specops Settings.
_SMSTSOrgName=%OSDComputername% soon to be in service.
OSDSendMailSubject=Mail from MDT01
OSDSendMailBody=The computer: %OSDComputerName% was installed at: #Now()#
- Save the CustomSettings.ini file and use the Specops Deploy / OS console to publish the Deployment Repository to the Deployment Share.
- Start your client builds and watch the emails flowing in.
- You will need to ensure that your SMTP Server support anonymous authentication so that Specops Deploy / OS can send emails automatically.